Dec 24, 2019
Amanda and Vickie have a special treat for you! They were
granted permission to replay their time being interviewed
by The Lucky Few Podcast.
It was an amazing conversation and one you don’t want to
- The Inclusive Education Project is a non-profit that provides
education, training, and pro-bono advocacy for families across
- The Inclusive Education Project’s podcast strives to change the
conversation about education and disability rights.
- The Inclusive Education Project partners with the community
(parent groups and organizations that work with the community) to
provide presentations and workshops to get the word out about legal
rights and the way we look at children with disabilities.
- Amanda and Vickie provide the backstory of the Inclusive
- Amanda and Vickie cover the most common problems that they see
in the special education system that they address with their
- Some of the best advice they can give to parents is to make
sure that the IEP is very clear. It is supposed to be written in
such a way that anybody can pick it up and understand exactly what
is supposed to happen.
- The role of the program specialist or coordinator on your IEP
team is to determine the follow-up steps, who is doing them, and
then to make sure they’re followed through. However, it’s often up
to the parents, an advocate, or an attorney to be the
- If something that’s happening differently for your child and
not for the other children in the classroom then it should be in
- Amanda and Vickie address the reasonable number of IEP meetings
per school year, how much time is reasonable to implement changes,
and transitional periods.
Thank you for listening! Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the show
to receive every new episode delivered straight to your podcast
player every Tuesday.
If you enjoyed this episode and believe in our message, then
please help us get the word out about this podcast. Rate and Review
this show in Apple
Radio, or Google
Play. It helps other listeners find this show.
Be sure to connect with us and reach out with any
This podcast is for informational and educational purposes only.
It is not to be construed as legal advice specific to your
circumstances. If you need help with any legal matters, be sure to
consult with an attorney regarding your specific needs.
Did You Miss Where Amanda and Vickie’s Interviewed The
Catch It Here!
The Lucky Few - Episode 95
Private Group - Inclusive Education Project Podcast